With the forceful current of constant change sweeping over every part of our lives, people have the need to connect with something enduring and firm. We believe Christ designed the church to fulfill that need by representing an eternal kingdom and ageless truth with no need to imitate the culture. We want you to know that there is still a church that feels like a church. It won’t feel like a rock concert, comedy club, or motivational seminar. It’s not old-fashioned, as in 50 years ago; it is timeless, as in 2,000 years ago.
What we believe
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God. We believe that the Bible is our final authority for all matters of faith and practice. We believe that God has preserved His Word. We use only the Authorized King James Version of the Bible for all preaching and teaching.
- We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; coeternal in being, co-identical in nature, and coequal in power and glory.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God. We believe Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and reclaim sinful men.
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose precious blood was shed for the forgiveness of our sins. The free gift of salvation is available to all who will receive it by faith. We reject the notion that God has chosen who can and cannot be saved.
- We believe the church is a local, visible assembly of born again, baptized believers. We believe the mission of the church is found in the Great Commission; we are to go evangelize, we are to baptize converts, and we are to teach those who have been saved.
- We believe in a literal resurrection of Jesus from the grave. We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell. We believe in a literal return of Christ for the purpose of gathering the saved to live with Him in Heaven forever.
A complete list of the Statement of Faith of Friendship Baptist Church is available upon request.